SBS2003 w/Exchange 2003 Log File Question
Posted on 2012-09-12
Best way to approach my situation. Server running low on space after large amount of email was moved creating 13G of log files, C: low on disk space, log file location C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata. I dismounted the store and copied the log files on C: in the mdbdata folder to D:\mdbdata. I then went ahead and rean eseutil /mh and verified a clean shutdown. EE recommendations for next step(s).
1. delete .log files on C: mount the store and do a full backup ASAP (always nervous deleting log files.
2. In First Storage Group Properties change the following
- Transaction log location to: D:\mdbdata
- System path location: D:\mdbdata
- Log file prefix" leave alone.
- Mount the store
- Perform a fill backup