I have got two Cisco Catalyst 3500 XL series switches which I have reset recently and now trying to assign an IP address for the router. I have successfully ran the IP address change commands and save the running config to startup config, but when I check the config again, it is not been saved. Here are the steps I have used to reset the IP address.
1. From the command line, use the enable command to enter privileged EXEC mode.
2. Use the configure terminal to enter configuration mode.
3. Enter interface vlan1 to choose the switch interface for configuration.
4. Use the command ip address 192.168.1.40 255.255.255.0.
5. Then exit EXEC mode using end command.
6. Finally save the config using copy running-config startup-config
Also I have used show running-config command before save and I cannot see the IP address assign there either.
Can some one help me on this please?
Thanks in advance.