I'm primarily a developer having to contend with a Sys admin issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1. IIS 7 Manager does not expand "Sites" or "Application Pool"
2. Accessing the URI (internal or external) on a web browser leads to a time out (says the site is online but no response)
1. The binding on Site - SBSWebApplication on port 443 was deleted
1. On opening IIS Manager (7) "Sites", the Snap-in becomes unresponsive to clicks (It does NOT say "not responding"). It stays unresponsive and has to be killed via task manager.
2. Stopping W3SVC via GUI: The service took too long to shutdown and the GUI timed out. It just says "stopping" under status and cannot be started or stopped.
3. Stopping W3SVC via elevated CMD: cannot be stopped - error says pause, continue or stop are invalid for this service
4. Start W3SVC via elevated CMD: process already started
5. Event ID info:
Event ID 2001 and 2003 related to IIS counters - "taken too long to refresh w3svc counters, stale counters used instead"
Other IDs relate to WSUS (which needs IIS running I assume) and the end task on IIS Manager.
Again, any inputs will be greatly appreciated.