Greetings fellow experts!
I am at a loss on this one. A real mystery; as I cannot find a whole lot of info on this issue.
We are using Office 2007 SP3, with Windows 7 x64 SP1.
WHat we are trying to do is:
1. Copy data from a range of cells in Excel ( i.e columns A-F Rows 1-12)
2. Paste into an excel formatted table in Word.
3. Get Error message "Microsoft Office Word can't start the application required to open this object. AN error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair this feature now?"
4. When I select "No" the that message, I then get this one "The program used to create this object is Excel. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that can open this object."
5. I have tried repairing office, uninstalling then reinstalling - did not help.
6. I tried as suggested in one of my searches to right click on the table in Word, go to "Worksheet Object" and select "Convert" and selected Excel Binary Worksheet"
7. I have tried converting both files to the new office file format, with the x added, still did not help.