Win2K8R2 Print Server not printing on a printer
Posted on 2012-09-18
We use to have all users connected to Printers directly through TCP/IP. We now installed the Print Server role on one of our DC's and added all printers to it.
We have a mix of HP 3800's and big Ricoh Multifunction copiers (MP C2800, MP C3000)
Print Server is a Windows 2008 Server R2, all clients are Windows 7 64bits.
Now, one of these printers is not printing at all through the Print Server! It's a Ricoh MP C2800, we have several other similar models that work fine.
- If I connect directly to it through TCP/IP, it prints out fine.
- When a job is sent through the Print Server, the job is sent fine on the Print Server side. For a second the "Jobs in Queue" raises to 1 then 0 again, just like any other printer.
- On the printer side, nothing. It likes the job never reaches the printer.
- I'm trying to print test pages from the Print Server and it doesn't work - so it's really Printer/Print Server related and not Client related.
- I'm using Ricoh's PCL6 Driver for Universal Print 3.11 (latest as of today). Same for the 10 other Ricoh copiers we have that work fine. I also tried the specific Ricoh MP C2800 drivers to no avail.
- Nothing in the Event Viewer of the Print Server.
Would any of you have an explanation about what happens? What I could do to troubleshoot the problem? Does it even make sense that direct TCP/IP works on a client but nothing prints from the Print Server while 10 similar printers/drivers/settings work fine?
Is there anything on the Printer itself (setting or other) that may cause it?
Thank you very much in advance.
Thank you so much