I have a small network with one domain controller. I am replacing an SBS 2003 server with a new 2008 server. I'm in the final step of running DCPROMO on the SBS 2003 server and am running into a problem.
One of the first steps as part of the DCPROMO has a check box saying This server is the last domain controller in the domain. I leave that box unchecked and click next. After I do that, I get an error message saying
"no other Active Directory domain controllers for that domain can be contacted. Do you wish to proceed anyway"
I'm not sure why this is happening as everything with the 2008 machine appear fine. Here are the steps I've taken so far
1. Joined the 2008 server to the domain
2. Raised the functional level of the domain and forest on the 2003 server to 2003
3. I ran adprep /forestprep and adprep /domainprep on the 2003 machine
4. Ran DCPROMO on 2008 machine. Installed DNS and made a Global Catalog server
5. Successfully transferred the 5 FSMO roles
I can browse to both servers from each other without any problems. I can also see both servers as domain controllers in AD.
I ran a DCDIAG on the 2008 server and have attached the results. The 2003 server is called JW-Server.
Would love some help. Thanks in advance!