On a Windows 2008 Webserver 2008 x64 we get the following error when trying to backup an other exchange server 2010.
The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec server could not connect to the remote computer. Ensure that a Backup Exec agent is installed and running on the remote computer. If a Backup Exec agent is installed, ensure that it is the correct version.
What I've already tried:
* Uninstall and reinstall of the remote agent on the exchange server
* the backup server is a NFR edition so all the agents should be in it?
* there is no firewall running and I excluded the beremote.exe from antivirus
* Installed all patches available
* rebooted the two machines.
* test run is succesfull and also the credentials check
When i manualy force the backup it runs for like 20 minutes, and then gives the above error.
I've have never encountered this problem before so i was wondering if someone can help me with this?
Thanks in advance.