Script required to get server details
Posted on 2012-09-21
I need to run a report on all the servers in our domain to get the following information
1. Network Operating System & Edition Operating System Version
2. No. of Physical Processor in the Server No of Cores per Physical Processor in the Server
3. Is server OS license an OEM / FPP / or volume license
4. Computer model Is the COA Present (Y / N ) COA Number
OEM PK Number of CAL's included with the license
5. What is the Servers Primary use (EG File server, Storage Server, Firewall, SQL, Exchange, Print)
6. Is the server accessed by external (non employed) users?
7. Is this server running a Physical OSE or a Virtual OSE ? (Operating System Environment)
8. What is the host server's Name ? (If the server is a virtual server please complete this field and ensure the host's details are recorded on a separate row)
9. How many Virtual processors have been assigned to this Virtual server?
10. What is the host servers operating system license?
11. What Exchange Version is installed (5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007)
12. What Edition of Exchange is installed (Standard Enterprise) or Tools
13. Is Exchange licensed per user of per device?
14. How many Users or Devices acess the server?
15. Do you have a list of the all devices or users that access Exchange Server?
16. What SQL VERSION is installed (7.0, 2000, 2005, 2008)
17. What SQL Edition is installed (MSDE, Express, Standard Enterprise WorkGroup)
18. Is the SQL licensed per SQL User or Device CAL Or per Processor license?
SQL 2012 Cores this Physical Server (Min 4 Per Proc)
19. SQL 2012 Cores this Virtual Server (Min 4 Per VM)
20. If licensed per CAL, how many users or devices connect to the SQL server?
21. DO you have a list of the users/devices that connect to the SQL Server
22. What application uses the SQL database ? (Finance System , Discovery tool , HR , etc etc)
23. Is the SQL server used with MSDN?
24. Is the SQL server data Internet Facing? (Y/N)
25. What other Products, not already stated, are installed (if any)What Version What Edition
26. If licensed with CAL's, how many users / devices access the server (directly or indirectly)Do you have a list of the users / devices accessing the server?
PC details 1 Processor make
does anyone have a script (s) that will get the above information for me?