I asked this question ealrlier and thought we had it fixed based on an offered solution - I was mistaken.
someone backed up itunes to several single layer dvd's (no compression) a toal of about 40gb. When we put the discs in the machine it shows the correct amout on the disc say....3.4gb with some room, when we go to transfer the data though it says 640gb and we get an error that we don't have enough hd space.
What we've tried:
- copying the files to a hd
- copy the files to an external drive
- closing the session
- using a program to make a disk copy
- Importing a file into itunes
- importing a folder into itunes: this sort of worked in that the songs were processed but only available if the dvd was in the drive
Our question - how can we reslove this and get the data from the discs back onto the machine.