Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of caruso1022
caruso1022

asked on

T1 PRI B Channel Locked Out

I am having an issue with both IB/OB calling.  I have a T1 PRI at my DR site and I noticed that I cannot make any calls.  I have opened numerous tickets with Verizon and they keep telling me that the circuit is clean and tests fine, but they have stated that the B channels show locked out.  I have reloaded the router a few times, but I am still getting a fast busy both inbound & outbound.

Cisco 2911
IOS - c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M3.bin (upgraded to this today, but it did not help)
VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 - 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk
DID Block 412.599.1181 thru 1200

Attached is a debug from the router that I sent to the TAC, I am waiting to hear back from them though.

Let me know what you all think and/or if you need mroe info.
TAC.log
Avatar of Istvan Kalmar
Istvan Kalmar
Flag of Hungary image

Hi you need debug isdn firstly:

deb isdn q931
Avatar of pergr
pergr

006007: Nov  3 02:38:17.549: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x00AE

when you are asking for channel 22, you get the reply that it is not available.

Can you paste the output of "show isdn status" and "show isdn service"?

Is this "isdn switch-type primary-ni" the type of ISDN you have agreed on?
And "pri-group timeslots 1-22,24"?
I'm more used to E1 circuits than T1 circuits (other side of the Atlantic), but you appear to be using ch 23 for signalling, I would suggest checking with Verizon what chanel they expect you to use as the signalling channel.
Avatar of caruso1022

ASKER

rtrcmndrs1#show isdn status
Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni
ISDN Serial0/0/0:23 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x807FFFFF
    Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 2
    Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0
rtrcmndrs1#show isdn service
PRI Channel Statistics:
ISDN Se0/0/0:23, Channel [1-24]
  Configured Isdn Interface (dsl) 0
   Channel State (0=Idle 1=Proposed 2=Busy 3=Reserved 4=Restart 5=Maint_Pend)
    Channel :  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4
    State   :  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
   Service State (0=Inservice 1=Maint 2=Outofservice 8=MaintPend 9=OOSPend)
    Channel :  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4
    State   :  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Telco is telling me that the circuit is a ISDN PRI, with 23 B channels and a D channel, I am not sure what to make the pri timeslots.  They told me that the switch type is custom, but I am not sure what that means from my perspective.  I have it set to ni on the router.
Ask them which channel is the D channel.
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of pergr
pergr

Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
SOLUTION
Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
I had everything correct on my router.  I had to do a lot of fighting and escalation to get to the bottom of this since it was not a new site and only recently stopped working.  Telco came back to me and had me switch from primary-ni to primary5-ess, they told me that a card had been replaced somewhere along the line, we were not notified and the switch type was changed to custom on Verizon's end.  So as a result that broke the site.  Once I changed the switch type calls worked as they had in the past.  Just ridiculous that they didn't notify me and more importantly kept closing the ticket telling me nothing was wrong.

Thanks for the help.