Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of TyreeSupport
TyreeSupportFlag for Australia

asked on

Exchange 2010 restore request removal

Hi,

We had a previous guy restore a database from a mailbox in exchange 2010 which was successful, but we are now trying to remove that database that the restore occurred too and we get an error saying

This mailbox database is associated with one or more active MailboxRestore requests. To get a list of all MailboxRestore requests associated with this database, run Get-MailboxRestoreRequest | ?{ $_.RequestQueue -eq "<Database ID>" }. To remove a MailboxRestore request, run Remove-MailboxRestoreRequest <Recipient ID\Request Name>.

I can see the request and when I try to remove the restore request with the remove-MailboxRestoreRequest and specifying the database and guid  the first time it seemed to work without any errors but the request is still there. Now when we run the same command we get an error saying that it could not be found on the server.

So it appears that the server thinks the request is deleted but it still appears and we cannot delete the mailbox database.

Any one else had an issue like this and any suggestions?
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of Exchange_Geek
Exchange_Geek
Flag of India image

Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
The above answer is absolutely correct....as a last resort can be used but removal should be graceful as per best practices.

For Remove mailbox request , still you can check

get-mailboxrestorerequest

If you get some items there then pipe it to command remove-mailboxrestorerequest.

Something like this

get-mailboxrestorerequest | remove-mailboxrestorerequest


In Exchange 2010, such issues occur very often if ExchangeSubsystem group loose the security rights on the OU where users objects exist.
If you can check the Security rights , and give exchangesubsystem group Full rights then this issue will be solved.

We have fairly large org, having 122 Domain controllers....and parent child AD structure...so this problem comes due to bad AD updates sometimes.

All the best

Nitin
Avatar of TyreeSupport

ASKER

I tried to remove it cleanly but after 2 dyas of trying to remove the request I ended up having to perform the ADSI removal and then manually delete the database file.

Thanks