Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of Andrew
AndrewFlag for Australia

asked on

Emails stuck in queue Exchange 2003


I have a client that has emails stuck in the exchange queue.

I have tried the following for possible causes from another question asked some time ago by another EE user as below -

1. Exchange is not able to resolve external DNS - check with nslookup can you get mx records of external domains   - Yes
nslookup -q=mx . If is not working your might have a DNS down, configured wrong DNS server in TCP/IP properties, or your firewall blocks DNS zone transfers.

2. Firewall blocks outgoing SMTP (port 25) - test by using telnet 25
CAn connect

I believe all above is working ok one thing  I noticed is that in the Directory has a stack of errors relating to Error ID:2008

Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task encountered an error while processing the following object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be possible until the problem is corrected.
CN=clientsname Archive,CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects,DC=clientsname,DC=local
Additional Data
Error value:
-1112 []
Internal ID:

Now id di remove some malware from the server which required a restart also ran TDS killer and found a moderate issue rebooted and removed ran ESET appears to be no viruses.
I have also had to hit the power button due to logging in and it came up with the mouse and the standard blue SBS desktop no icons I am currently logging in and all appears ok except for the stuck msgs still if you need more info please let me know thanks.
Avatar of Exchange_Geek
Flag of India image

You'll have to provide the queue information - preferably the queue screenshot of your Exchange Queues will help.

You surely would be provided links to read, here is one of them for starters to read about

Please read it.


Avatar of Andrew
Flag of Australia image

Link to home
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
Avatar of Andrew


Found own solution malware infection on server and a client PC was the issue.