Had a script done by RSampson last week that stripped a file and created a new file whenever it found |2102| in the Years column. Problem is it runs on all files in a directory but the Years column is not always in the same column. Additionally a data value could be 2012 also as I found out. Thus I need some tweaks. You will see below that the 2nd row of data contains |2012| however that's Units and not Years. Thus current script grabbed that row which is a problem I didn't forsee. So is there a way I can define which column to search for 2012 for each file? So somewhere in the script I can list out the filenames and which column to look for 2012 in?
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.
-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros
With your subscription - you'll gain access to our exclusive IT community of thousands of IT pros. You'll also be able to connect with highly specified Experts to get personalized solutions to your troubleshooting & research questions. It’s like crowd-sourced consulting.
We can't always guarantee that the perfect solution to your specific problem will be waiting for you. If you ask your own question - our Certified Experts will team up with you to help you get the answers you need.
Our certified Experts are CTOs, CISOs, and Technical Architects who answer questions, write articles, and produce videos on Experts Exchange. 99% of them have full time tech jobs - they volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.
We can't guarantee quick solutions - Experts Exchange isn't a help desk. We're a community of IT professionals committed to sharing knowledge. Our experts volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.