Solved

Constantly bumped out of online login

Posted on 2012-12-20
2
210 Views
Last Modified: 2012-12-22
Hello all.  My office is experiencing a problem in past 6 months or so where we are constantly being bumped out of our online access to a certain vendor.  It is incredibly annoying to find that every few minutes, while doing searches for inventory to order, etc., we are forced to reenter our login info.  We've spoken with the vendor's IT people & we're told that they've done nothing to change the security requirements - that our internet speed is more than sufficient & that the settings on our machines are fine.....yet this annoying problem has popped up.  Can anyone offer any suggestions to stop this.  Since the vendor says they've changed nothing, can a recent Windows update be interferring?  Although it happens on both the Win 7 & WinXP machines, I'd like to concentrate on the Win XP ones.  

OS:  Win XP, SP3
Browser: IE8 & IE9, medium security level.

Thanks in advance for the attention.
0
Comment
Question by:MLSMurphy
2 Comments
 

Accepted Solution

by:
erroar earned 250 total points
ID: 38710622
Sounds like an issue with the vendors website cookies.  Either something was changed or you got by OK this long?  With your "medium" security settings in IE, it will:

- Block third-party cookies that do not have a compact privacy policy
- Block third-party cookies that save information that can be used to contact you without your explicit consent

In IE click:

View -> Webpage Privacy Policy

Make sure you are showing "All Websites", the above "Show:" menu you will let you change it.

Scroll down and look for any cookies blocked from your vendors website.
0
 

Author Comment

by:MLSMurphy
ID: 38713771
Hello, thanks for the suggestion.  I enabled all cookies & checked the list....our vendor is not blocked.  However, I was looking at the source code for the online access portal & I see that the point at which we are constantly kicked out involves a .jsp addresss/script.  I tried accessing this from my home pc & was successful. Now I believe there is some setting or addon that was updated within the past months that is blocking the script.   I'm on the trail...have reinstalled java on all machines & although the Win7 with ie9 now seem ok, I'm fumbling with the WinXP, ie8 machine....which naturally belongs to the boss.  Any additional suggestions will be appreciated..  I'll probably close this question out today...your time & help is much appreciated.
0

Featured Post

Courses: Start Training Online With Pros, Today

Brush up on the basics or master the advanced techniques required to earn essential industry certifications, with Courses. Enroll in a course and start learning today. Training topics range from Android App Dev to the Xen Virtualization Platform.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Now-a-days, indirectly, postal services have been replaced by email services. Yes, whenever we hear the word "email" a lot of people only think of gmail. Some people still think that email and gmail are one and the same thing :-). Let's see some …
This article offers some helpful and general tips for safe browsing and online shopping. It offers simple and manageable procedures that help to ensure the safety of one's personal information and the security of any devices.
This Micro Tutorial will demonstrate how to add subdomains to your content reports. This can be very importing in having a site with multiple subdomains.
This Micro Tutorial will demonstrate how nuggets on the Web are formatted by using Chrome Developer Tools. These tools would not only view the site's CSS but it can also modify it and save the CSS to use on your own site.

785 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question