I have a user that's running QuickBooks 2012 Pro on her Windows 7 machine. She is running into a whole lot of performance issues. It takes upwards of 15 minutes to backup QuickBooks or to create an accountants copy. When performing regular tasks in the program, it often grays out and says "Not Responding" until it finally finishes. It only began taking this long is the past 2 months.
The company file is stored on a shared directory on their server. Only one user accesses the file at a time, so the QuickBooks server has not been setup. The file itself is less than 40 MB, so I know it isn't an issue with company file size. Below are some details...
Dell Optiplex 7010
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP 1
4 GB Memory (PC 12800, 1600 MHz)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Quad-Core)
QuickBooks 2012 Pro, all recent updates
Dell PowerEdge 2900
Windows Server 2003 R2 SP 2
4 GB RAM
Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5405 CPU @ 2.00GHz (Quad-Core w/ HyperThreading Technology)
RAID5 (Where company file is stored) w/ 15,000 RPM SAS drives
Wired Domain Network
Gigabit switches (new) and NIC's
Company file accessed via local network, so it shouldn't hit their firewall.
Things I have tried...
- Update QuickBooks.
- System tuneup on both the workstation and server. This includes disk cleanup, optimized defrag, registry cleanup, correction of any event log errors.
- Added exceptions on all antivirus/antimalware software on both the workstation and server. Exception includes both the QuickBooks application folder as well as the entire shared QuickBooks directory.
- Verified company file data.
- Verified that Google Desktop was not installed.
- Ran reboot.bat in the workstations QuickBooks installation folder.
- Reinstall QuickBooks on the workstation.
I'm having allot of trouble trying to figure out why I'm having performance issues. I will say that it seems like things got worse once she moved from Windows XP from her old PC to her new Windows 7 machine, though I can't see how this is related as the hardware specs greatly improved with this switch. Any ideas?