I have a Iphone 4s and the newest Ipad. I am thinking about jail breaking them both so I can tether my ipad to the ihpone and use a password locking tool on the ipad since Apple hasn't provided a way to do this since they think it means people will buy multiple ipads instead of sharing one in a family.
So my main concerns are.....
1. What are the chances of bricking the device to the point it is a paper weight? Or if you brick it can you just wipe and restore and your back to normal? I really don't want to destroy my new $730 Ipad.
2. How long does it normally take for a new jailbreak version to be released after a IOS update? I would think the protocol is wait for a new jailbreak version to be released then update and rejailbreak.
3. Can anyone give me a site or list of sites for tried and true jailbreaking, it makes me a little nervous to just do a web search so I would rather use a site several people can vouch for. I have read that http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
is a good site to use but I don't know anything about them.
4. After jailbreaking do you just backup like normal in Itunes, run new updates, rejailbreak device? Or do you have to backup and restore to get rid of jailbreaking, update, then jailbreak again?
5. How complicated is it to jailbreak and go through the process of updating and rejailbreaking? I'm not really worried about it I am just curious what will be involved.
7. Does jailbreaking create a big safety concern? Again, I am only planning on tethering and locking apps. I may install a few apps that allow you to customize the phone more but that's about it. Does the safety risk come from bad apps or just the fact the phone is jailbroken?
6. Are there any other big concerns I should be aware of before jailbreaking? Since it is legal now does apple still void the warranty? If you wipe and restore to normal will they ever know?
Thanks for any answers and advice.