Problems linking document title to the document in XsltListViewWebpart
using SP2010 and SPD 2010
I have added a XLST lsit View for a document library to a SharePoint web page. I have added just the "Title" column ( <xsl:value-of select="$thisNode/@Title" /> ) in the view . I am attempting to link the title back to the document using
While in SPD 2010 this hyperlink works. When I view the page in a web browser , the link resolves to the folder of the web page. That is, if the web page is "\sites\MySite\default.aspx", the title link resolves to "\sites\MySite\" instead of the expected ""\Sites\MySite\MyDocumentLibrary\Document.pdf"
A little research and experimentation has revealed that if I add "URL path" as a second column to the view , the title hyperlink works fine. If I remove that and leave only the title column, the links no longer work.
I have seen a few other users are having this problem and have yet to find a solution that does not require coding changes at the server level (not allowed to do that here) or handcoding every single page. Our server admins wish to to stay OOTB as much as possible, and will not support extensive manual coding.