Solved

no mails on android mobiles from exchange 2007 (SBS2008) anymore

Posted on 2012-12-28
9
755 Views
Last Modified: 2013-01-02
Hi,

we have a SBS2008 fully patched. Out mobile phones worked fine until last reboot of server. After that OWA showed only a blank page after telling that SSL-Certificate has a problem (we don´t have root-certified one. it´s ok for us). I found on the web the solution

powershell.exe -noexit UpdateOwa.ps1

. Now OWA works like always. But my Android mobile cant establish any connection to the server. So i deleted the account on the mobile and try to recreate one. When i enter all the settings it says, that there is a problem with SSL (was always so) and i say "continue". After that normally it was ready. Now it says after no time that the connection to the server could not established. Another mobile with android have the same problem.

So in short: OWA works, Outlook works and mobile (android) isn´t wokring anymore.

Any ideas ?
0
Comment
Question by:loosain
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 6
  • 2
9 Comments
 
LVL 9

Assisted Solution

by:TazDevil1674
TazDevil1674 earned 250 total points
ID: 38726522
Can you try using the Browswer on the Android to access OWA?  It may help determine the problem.

you could also try browsing to the OMA site - /oma instead of /owa - i have used this to troubleshoot in the past

Any time I have seen errrors on iPhone/Andriod to do with OMA, its been SSL cert related...
0
 

Author Comment

by:loosain
ID: 38726558
It´s the same SSL cert like always. When i try to open OWA from mobile-browser, i can connect, but it always say that my loginname and/or password ist wrong. When i try to browse from browser on pc, it works...
When i try to open /oma it says after login error 404 File or folder not found.
0
 

Author Comment

by:loosain
ID: 38726569
Now OWA from mobile-browser works !
I have a symbol in my password. after an update on the mobile it makes a space after those symbols when typing the password. I can login via browser on the mobile.

But creating an account (exchange) is still NOT working.

In short: Outlook works, owa on pc works, owa on mobile works, creation of exchange-account on mbile not working.
0
Free NetCrunch network monitor licenses!

Only on Experts-Exchange: Sign-up for a free-trial and we'll send you your permanent license!

Here is what you get: 30 Nodes | Unlimited Sensors | No Time Restrictions | Absolutely FREE!

Act now. This offer ends July 14, 2017.

 
LVL 10

Expert Comment

by:cpmcomputers
ID: 38726685
Have you tried testing from this link

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

The detailed information will possibly point you in the right direction

Incidentally if you are using the internally generated cert They do expire and require renewal?
0
 

Author Comment

by:loosain
ID: 38727523
The cert is still valid (expiration 2014). Only the domain doesnt match with the domain i use because it is a dyndns. I cant make certs for dyndns. But the cert-error wasn´t a problem before. Thee mobile phone just said that there is a problem with the cert, i say continue and normally everything was fine.
The link above i tested. It only points out, that the cert is wrong (i knew this before...) everything else is fine.
0
 
LVL 10

Assisted Solution

by:cpmcomputers
cpmcomputers earned 250 total points
ID: 38727545
0
 

Author Comment

by:loosain
ID: 38727994
Yes, i have the settings right:

serveradress: remote.domain.com
user: myinternaldomain\username
password: correct one
ssl: checked

OWA is working with these data. Only mobile isn´t.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
loosain earned 0 total points
ID: 38728365
I found the problem:
In IIS there was the "MSExchangeSyncAppPool"-Applicationpool disabled. I enabled it and yeppeeh it works again like charm.
The IIS-Logfile in c:\windows\system32\logfiles\httperr helped me to figure out.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:loosain
ID: 38736051
As i wrote the needed app-pool was disabled
0

Featured Post

Are your AD admin tools letting you down?

Managing Active Directory can get complicated.  Often, the native tools for managing AD are just not up to the task.  The largest Active Directory installations in the world have relied on one tool to manage their day-to-day administration tasks: Hyena. Start your trial today.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article aims to explain the working of CircularLogArchiver. This tool was designed to solve the buildup of log file in cases where systems do not support circular logging or where circular logging is not enabled
If you troubleshoot Outlook for clients, you may want to know a bit more about the OST file before doing your next job. IMAP can cause a lot of drama if removed in the accounts without backing up.
In this video we show how to create an Accepted Domain in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow >> Ac…
The video tutorial explains the basics of the Exchange server Database Availability groups. The components of this video include: 1. Automatic Failover 2. Failover Clustering 3. Active Manager

696 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question