This sounds very simple but I'm kindof at my wits end with it. I have a gridview in which a new column was added thats causing it to look too wide on my web page. All of the columns are asp:BoundField. Here is what I have tried to no avail.
1) Changing the item style width for the columns
2) Changing the header style width for the columns
3) Changing the control style width for the columns.
4) Changing the width of the entire grid view.
5) Changing the width of the container inside of the gridview.
6) Moving the gridview outside of the container and making the width smaller.
7) Placing the gridview inside of a div and styling that to an arbitrarily small size.
None of these seem to effect the width of it. This is very weird to me. I seem to be able to effect the width of the content inside of the column but not the column itself. I can't figure out anywhere in the code that is making the column as wide as it is. I've attached an image of the gridview as is. Right now, the entire gridview is sized to an arbitrary small width, the columns are all sized to a smaller width and it is inside of a container that is sized to an arbitrary small width. All of these seem to have no affect. It is still too wide.
Any ideas? Am I missing something simple?
Thanks in advance!