I wish to use the Event Viewer in the Management Console. However, I get a message that says "MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly."
In the MMC Help file it says "On the File menu of an open MMC 3.0 console, click Add/Remove Snap-in." I don't really understand whether I have an "open MMC 3.0 console" or not. I am in the Computer Management window and in every item that I click on the File menu, I get only two items - Options (which leads to Disk cleanup) and Exit.
If I can get this right, I reckon that I can follow the rest of the Help. Following is a copy of the instructions from the Help file that I am trying to follow:-
"To add or remove a snap-in
1. On the File menu of an open MMC 3.0 console, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
2. Highlight the snap-in you want to add in the Available snap-ins list, and click Add to add the snap-in to the Selected snap-ins list.
3. Read a brief description of a snap-in in either list by clicking it and then reading the contents of the Description box at the bottom of the dialog box. Some snap-ins might not provide a description.
4. Change the order of snap-ins in the snap-in console by clicking a snap-in in the Selected snap-ins list and then clicking Move Up or Move Down.
5. If you want to add the new snap-in to a node of the open console other than Console Root, see the next procedure, "To set the parent node for a snap-in."
6. Remove a snap-in by clicking it in the Selected snap-ins list and then clicking Remove.
7. When you are finished adding or removing snap-ins, click OK."
I am using Win7 Ultimate.
Hoping someone can help!???