MYSQL vs Microsoft SQL
Posted on 2012-12-30
I am still confused related to MYSQL and Microsoft SQL (2000. 2005 or 2008). I need some clarification and Confirmation from the Experts.
1) MYSQL is a free software from Oracle, right?
2) Microsoft SQL is NOT a free software, right?
3) Both MYSQL and Microsoft SQL have the SIMILAR or SAME functionalities (as a Database), right?
4) MYSQL can be installed at ANY Operating system of Microsoft product, either Workstation or Server, such as Windows XP (Which is usually a Workstation or Client Operating system), Windows 2003 or 2008 Servers (Which are usually a Server Operating Systems), etc; right?
5) Microsoft SQL can ONLY be installed at Microsoft Windows Server, such as windows 2003, Windows 2008, etc (It cannot be installed at Window XP), right?
6) MYSQL has 5 different types; it can be FULL, Server, Client only and 2 other types; right?
7) Microsoft SQL is ONLY function as a Server, right?
8) Any other differences?
Any of your Clarification and Confirmation will greatly help.