1) I have installed esxi and vcenter.
2) I logged on the vcenter server and uploaded win xp iso to local data store
3) Created one virtual machine using vsphere client.
4) I installed the vmware tools on win xp. By right clicking on vm -->Guest --Install/Upgrade VMware tools
4) The win xp is up and working fine.
Question: Suppose if i want to install ms office/any third party application on VM(win xp). How to upload a software or folder to vm(win xp)?
This can be achieved in vmware workstation by clicking on VM --> Settings-->Options--Shared Folders -->There, we will select always enabled and clicking add button.
If you have an ISO or something like that, you can upload it to a Datastore (rt-click on Datastore > Browse Datastore), then click the 'upload file' toolbar icon and upload the file. You then configure
Teach the user how to convert virtaul disk file formats and how to rename virtual machine files on datastores.
Open vSphere Web Client: Review VM disk settings: Migrate VM to new datastore with a thick provisioned (lazy zeroed) disk format: Rename a…
Teach the user how to configure vSphere clusters to support the VMware FT feature
Open vSphere Web Client: Verify vSphere HA is enabled: Verify netowrking for vMotion and FT Logging is in place or create it: Turn On FT for a virtual machine: Verify …