Active Directory Setup
Posted on 2013-01-02
I started working at a new company and got the task of reorganising there AD
I know what AD is and how it runs but in my reorganisation does any one have tips or tricks?
I can tell you the following about the company
1) 5 administrators all use the builtin Domain admin account to do everything
2) Apps that need access to the domain or servers use that same admin account
3) Users are stored under there office OU
4) computers have a computer OU then Office OU then PC or Mac and laptop or Desktop
5) they don't have a remote deployment system so the use AD To install a lot of tools on to the pc
6) startup script is used to add printers, network shares, ...
7) We have one main DC in Hemel and all the branches have a local DC
8) group names are just names this will be changed so they are uniform but they are not in one OU they are spread all over the AD
Any tips or tricks that you have are welcome. things i need to remember or watch out for. Things i should change and things not to change everything is welcome.