?
Solved

Failed to retrieve saveset for Symantec Enterprise Vault

Posted on 2013-01-04
3
Medium Priority
?
817 Views
Last Modified: 2013-01-09
I have an older Enterprise Vault setup, version 8.0.3.1845.  This implementation predates me and had pretty much been abandoned before I started as well.  It was still running though and access to the archives were functional.  They used the Exchange archiving as well as File archiving.  The file archiving was still functional from the standpoint of retrieving archived files with the placeholder service on the file server.  The Vault server is an a WIndows 2003 system, but the archives themselves were put on a Buffalo Terastation Pro.

As I mentioned, everything was working fine, that is until we moved offices.  Not everything was moved all at once though.  The SQL server was moved to a datacenter months before and everything was accessible.  The server was moved to the datacenter during the Superstorm Sandy outages (needed it for other services) but the Terastation remained behind.  We did change the IP address of the terastation after we got power back, but still archives were accessible.  Finally, the Terastation was moved to the datacenter when we moved our office, but no the archives are not able to be retrieved.  

At this point, the Vault server event logs indicate an unknown username and/or password to the locations of the cab files, but if I log in as the service account I can get to those files fine as well as open them.  I honestly can't tell if the issue is the Enterprise Vault or with the Terastation.
0
Comment
Question by:lbicher56
  • 2
3 Comments
 
LVL 42

Assisted Solution

by:Paul Solovyovsky
Paul Solovyovsky earned 600 total points
ID: 38744756
Have you tried to access the archives as service account or the user?  What happens when you assign the service account access to the archive and try to browse it?
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
lbicher56 earned 0 total points
ID: 38745017
I had used the service account to access the archives via windows explorer.  That was successful.

My issue is now solved though.  It was on the Terastation end.  I changed the config to use a different domain controller and everything restored to it previous conditions.  Thank you for your quick response though!
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:lbicher56
ID: 38758248
Was able to solve the issue by pointing the Terastation to another domain controller.
0

Featured Post

How to Use the Help Bell

Need to boost the visibility of your question for solutions? Use the Experts Exchange Help Bell to confirm priority levels and contact subject-matter experts for question attention.  Check out this how-to article for more information.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Online collaboration can help businesses be more efficient, help employees grow their skills and foster a team environment.
Assume you have an outside contractor who comes in seasonally or once a week to do some work in your office, but you only want to give him access to the programs and files he needs and keep all other documents and programs private. Can you do this o…
In this first video of the three-part Xpdf series, we introduce and describe Xpdf, a library containing nine command line utilities that perform various functions on PDF files. We show where the library is located and how to download it, discuss its…
This video Micro Tutorial is the first in a two-part series that shows how to create and use custom scanning profiles in Nuance's PaperPort 14.5 (http://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/17490/). But the ability to create custom scanning profiles al…
Suggested Courses

850 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question