[Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 589
  • Last Modified:

Exchange 2010 - Autodicover / Mac not working after upgrade.

I had a 2007 SBS server that was messed up (wouldn't take updates).

I install a new 2007 server, moved all the mail over, and force the old 2007 exchange server down.

Then I installed exchange 2010 and moved all the mail to that server.

That seems to be working ok, but something is up with autodiscover and remote access and I'm getting a lot of calls from remote users.

I can get Iphones, win phones and Win Outlook to work.  but not Outlook on Mac.


I found some articles that maybe my auto discover was messed up so I tried the following and got an error.
[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity CAS_Server_Name -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri https://mail.ext.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
The operation couldn't be performed because object 'CAS_Server_Name' couldn't be found on 'OLDEXCHANGE.domain.local'.
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Set-ClientAccessServer], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 5C904EB3,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.SetClientAccessServer



If you notice the error is spitting the name of the original exchange server (the one that is now shut down).


Any ideas on what to do next?
0
erikwhiteway
Asked:
erikwhiteway
1 Solution
 
Stelian StanCommented:
0
 
aindelicatoCommented:
Did you create new certificates for autodiscover?
0
 
erikwhitewayAuthor Commented:
clonyxlro: I've already run the commands from that article and I get the errors above.

Aindelicato: I loaded a new UCC SSL with remote.ext.com, mail.ext.com, autodiscover.ext.com server.domain.local
0
Independent Software Vendors: We Want Your Opinion

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

 
Simon Butler (Sembee)ConsultantCommented:
The reason you are getting the old Exchange server in the error isn't because it was Exchange, but because it was a domain controller. When Exchange is installed on a DC, the only DC that Exchange will use is that one.

Therefore I expect that you still have references to the old server in the domain.
You said that you forced the server down - what exactly did you do? Did you DCPROMO the server out? Exchange and AD are very sensitive and if you don't remove everything then you will get a mess. You are going to have to clean up the domain before everything will settle down correctly.

Simon.
0
 
erikwhitewayAuthor Commented:
I got those commands to run (turns out I didn't replace the server name in both places on the command).

so I've run all the commands.

I've installed a NEW SSL with Mail.ext.com as the main name.

Outlook and everything else is still fine. but MAC outlook will still not connect.  It does the initial setup, but then spits a generic error when it tries to open.
0
 
erikwhitewayAuthor Commented:
Also - I ran all the tests on the MS exchange test web site come back with no errors.
0
 
erikwhitewayAuthor Commented:
Found the answer:  the EWS folder in IIS did not have basic authentication turned on.
0
 
erikwhitewayAuthor Commented:
change permission in IIS console - just enable basic authentication, and I added the default domain in the options.
0

Featured Post

Restore individual SQL databases with ease

Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server delivers an easy-to-use, wizard-driven interface for restoring your databases from a backup. No expert SQL background required. Web interface provides a complete view of all available SQL databases to simplify the recovery of lost database

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now