My Belkin router every day loses it's connection to the Internet a few times. Sometimes it recovers itself to a normal status, but sometimes I end up in a very weird situation.
I have 2 wireless laptops, and 2 wired computers (1 XP, 1 Windows 7) that are both directly connected to the router. In this weird situation the following conditions hold:
- I cannot ping the router from the wired computers;
- I can ping the router from the wireless computers;
- the wireless laptops can ping each other;
- the wired computers can ping each other;
- a wireless laptop cannot ping a wired computer and vice versa.
Since I can approach the router from 1 of the laptops, I can do a software restart, but this often doesn't help. Then I have to restart it by pulling out the power plug, but this too doesn't always work.
Does this mean I have to start looking for a new router, or is there a logical explanation for this behavior?