Experts Exchange connects you with the people and services you need so you can get back to work.
Changing server location of the FLEXlm® licensing service
You need to move the current FLEXlm® licensing service to a new server and want to know the best way to do this.
To move your FLEXlm® licensing service to a new server
1. Obtain a new license file, which can be done by using the Network License Activation utility.
2. Install, configure, and start the new FLEXlm service on the new server.
Note: Be sure to recreate your Options file, if you use one.
3. Modify the deployment so that any subsequent installations will point to the correct server.
4. Configure current installations of the application so that they can find the new server. One way to do this is to add a system variable called ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE. For more information about this variable and how to create it, refer to the following solution:
TS1065268 - Specifying license servers using the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable
5. Test the new FLEXlm service from an existing installation (and, to be thorough, from a new installation, as well).
6. Stop service on the old server.
Need expert help—fast? Use the Help Bell for personalized assistance getting answers to your important questions.
Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.
Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.
Please enter a first name
Please enter a last name
Must be at least 4 characters long.
Join and Comment
From novice to tech pro — start learning today.
Premium members can enroll in this course at no extra cost.