How to create Approval Workflow in Sharepoint 2010 Foundation?
Posted on 2013-01-08
We want to create a approval workflow in Sharepoint 2010 Foundation for Leave Request.
Because Approval Workflow template do not included in the Foundation version, we decided to create a new workflow for a new custom Tasks list.
Could someone guide me how to do that?
My draft idea:
1. Created a custom Tasks list(Named Request_Tasks) and the use Sharepoint Designer 2010 to add a workflow(Named Request_Tasks_Workflow) to it.
2. Then added a new column(Named Approval_Status) with two choices: Approve, Reject. Department manager will use this filed to approve or reject the request.
3. Applicant add new task and corresponding department manager will get a email notice and then approve the request.
But there is some security concerns.
1. How to do not allow applicant change the Approval_Status value?
2. How to handle permission at item level? Other applicants only able to access own request.