Still celebrating National IT Professionals Day with 3 months of free Premium Membership. Use Code ITDAY17


Installing a citrix application that needs a restart

Posted on 2013-01-09
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2013-01-12
How do you install in a citrix server an application that needs during its installation to restart in order to get installed.
When i install an application in citrix xenpapp 6 i need to do it in change user /install mode ;
but when that application restart it finishes its installation in normal mode!!!
Ho can i make it finish after the restart in change user /install mode.
Question by:divich
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
LVL 25

Accepted Solution

Sekar Chinnakannu earned 356 total points
ID: 38761695
It require reboot means then reboot it and no need to worry. The installation will get success. check discussion forum in citrix
LVL 23

Assisted Solution

by:Ayman Bakr
Ayman Bakr earned 356 total points
ID: 38761801
When you install using the ADD/Remove programs, it should be fine even after restarting - what matters is changing the mode at the beginning of the installation.

We had many applications needing a restart and we faced issues in none of them!
LVL 26

Assisted Solution

by:Tony J
Tony J earned 356 total points
ID: 38762001
Agreed with the above posts - it's been a long time since this was a real issue, but if you're having problems due to a legacy app etc, then one workaround I used to use "back in the day" was to add change user /install into the startup folder or run registry key of the admin user I was using to install the app.

Once it's rebooted, it's automatically back in install mode.

But I can't remember needing that since Windows 2000 days.
LVL 25

Assisted Solution

Coralon earned 352 total points
ID: 38765680
As everyone else has pointed out.. 99% of the time you are fine.  The other 1% requires a "fix"/workaround like Tony mentioned and forcing the install mode as part of your application.  Like him, I haven't seen it since the MetaFrame 1.0 days..


Author Closing Comment

ID: 38770895
Thanks guys, you are all awesome!
Of course since you are all good I had to accept all your answers:)
Thanks again:)

Featured Post

Important Lessons on Recovering from Petya

In their most recent webinar, Skyport Systems explores ways to isolate and protect critical databases to keep the core of your company safe from harm.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Citrix policies are the most efficient method to configure and tune XenDesktop environments, allowing organizations to control connection, security and bandwidth settings based on various combinations of users, devices or connection types.  Citrix …
Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Citrix Policies Graphics
How to install and configure Citrix XenApp 6.5 - Part 1. In this video tutorial we have explained step by step installation of Citrix XenApp 6.5 Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 is explained in this video. We have explained the difference between…
This demo shows you how to set up the containerized NetScaler CPX with NetScaler Management and Analytics System in a non-routable Mesos/Marathon environment for use with Micro-Services applications.

721 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question