Tool to keep track of user's access to shared resources
Posted on 2013-01-10
I am looking for a tool that will allow to keep track of user's access to various resources. It can be an applicaiton for Windows, a PHP/.NET based application, CMS, etc, etc. Let me give you an example
A company has the following resources:
- shared folders with different ACLs
- CMS user login for different roles
- Remote server logins (stand alone servers)
- ftp account
- Various website login (fedex, ups, banks)
- Accounts such as ISP, phone company, etc...
U new user gets an account "john.doe" and has access to:
- Office shared folder (modify)
- Accounting shared folder (read only)
- CEO shared folder (special permissions)
- ftp access to serverX
- SSH account to serverY
- Domain registrar login credentials
The tool should be capable of creating two main reports, mainly listing all shared resources a user has access to, or list all users with access to particular shared resource.
Excel spreadsheet can handle so much data and becomes hard to manage.
Appreciate any suggestions.