How to intercept a print job convert it to plain text and print.
Posted on 2013-01-10
I need some advice and tips for a new project i want to start.
I will be working with several bars and restaurants for a loyalty program.
Since all the customers already have a POS Software/Hardware from different vendors, i need to write a program to be able to capture in plain text the final invoice when the POS prints the final receipt.
The process should be something like:
1. The user send the command to the POS software to print the final check
2. The program will intercept the printing job, and create a plain text file and store it into the local PC.
3. The check is printed automatically
4. This should be done in silent mode, the user should not notice anything different.
My questions are:
1. Is this possible to do with POS printers like the ESPONS TM family printers?
2. First i want to build this for windows xp to windows 8
3. Which programming language is more suitable for this task, i can use C# and Delphi
I will give the max point available!!!