?
Solved

The previous webpage wants to run the following add-on

Posted on 2013-01-14
7
Medium Priority
?
1,460 Views
Last Modified: 2013-01-23
Hey

How do I set "allow on all webpages" to "the previous webpage wants to run the following add-on Java..." in Internet Explorer?

I have to deploy it to our computers-.. so script/registry/bat... whatever... (not using GUI)

Thanks in advance

Mike
0
Comment
Question by:mikeydk
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
7 Comments
 
LVL 50

Expert Comment

by:jcimarron
ID: 38775466
mikeydk--I do not do code, but this may help someone develop the Group Policy
http://www.itninja.com/question/ie9-java-issue

Is the word "previous" really in that message?
0
 
LVL 83

Expert Comment

by:Dave Baldwin
ID: 38775547
I have never heard of "the previous webpage wants to run the following add-on Java..." either.  Make sure that the version of Java is updated to the one released yesterday to fix a serious error.
0
 

Author Comment

by:mikeydk
ID: 38775718
the previous webpage wants to ....
Just showing Java insted...
0
Get real performance insights from real users

Key features:
- Total Pages Views and Load times
- Top Pages Viewed and Load Times
- Real Time Site Page Build Performance
- Users’ Browser and Platform Performance
- Geographic User Breakdown
- And more

 
LVL 83

Expert Comment

by:Dave Baldwin
ID: 38775779
I don't understand you comment, "Just showing Java insted..." unless you mean that it is a different page instead of the image shown.  Before allowing it, I would find out where it is coming from and whether it is supposed to be there.
0
 
LVL 82

Assisted Solution

by:David Johnson, CD, MVP
David Johnson, CD, MVP earned 400 total points
ID: 38777346
I hope that you are WELL aware that JAVA is severely compromised and that there are several malicious scripts floating around the web.  The US Department of Homeland Security has issued a warning and advised everyone to disable JAVA in their web browsers even if you've downloaded yesterdays patch/update to 7.11

Kaspersky Lab estimated that last year 50% of all website exploitations were due to vulnerabilities in Java. Adobe's Acrobat Reader accounted for another 28% of vulnerabilities  (that's 78%, leaving only 22% for Microsoft and other vulnerabilities)

The Citrix addon you mentioned  is not a java addon but an active-x addon

From Citrix:
Add your Web Interface site to the Trusted Sites within Internet Explorer with the Default security settings for this zone. This allows the downloading and running of the ActiveX Controls required by the Web Interface Site to run properly.

Disabling or changing security settings from the default for ActiveX in this zone might cause the required ActiveX control not to run
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX123732
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
mikeydk earned 0 total points
ID: 38795764
When using IE9 + Java 1.7.x

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{CAFEEFAC-DEC7-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{CAFEEFAC-DEC7-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA}\iexplore]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{CAFEEFAC-DEC7-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA}\iexplore\AllowedDomains]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{CAFEEFAC-DEC7-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA}\iexplore\AllowedDomains\*]

Open in new window

0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:mikeydk
ID: 38809188
Correct answer
0

Featured Post

Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Several part series to implement Internet Explorer 11 Enterprise Mode
Today, the web development industry is booming, and many people consider it to be their vocation. The question you may be asking yourself is – how do I become a web developer?
This Micro Tutorial will demonstrate how to add subdomains to your content reports. This can be very importing in having a site with multiple subdomains.
How to create a custom search shortcut to site-search Experts Exchange using Google in the Firefox browser. This eliminates the need to type out site:experts-exchange.com whenever you want to search the site. Launch your Bookmark Menu: Press 'Ctrl +…
Suggested Courses

771 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question