Firstly, I apologise for a asking a new question but the troubleshooting has since progressed and I believe the issue is now a complete seperate issue to the original question I logged earlier in the week, and I am in desperate need of some assistance with this one.
I will go ahead and close off the existing question.
So, my issue is that the Auto discovery is not working on our Exchange server, we can access the Exchange server internally OK, except for Mac users and all external users cannot access the exchange server, auto out of office and calendar events etc cannot be accessed as we receive and error message stating the the server is unavailable.
See the extract from the forum I found which outlines the identical to the problem I am having.
Validating the certificate name. Certificate name validation failed. Additional Details Host name autodiscover.Domain.com doesn't match any name found on the server certificate
CN=webmail.Domain.com, OU=Comodo Unified Communications, O=<Organization>, STREET=<street address>, L=<city>, S=<state>, PostalCode=<zip code>, C=US.
Since that is the test you are expecting to pass, the subsequent methods (HTTP/SRV) are simply failovers to the next possible configurations which you don't have implemented (assuming the step above should have passed). The error is fairly as-is, it is reporting that it can't find autodiscover.domain.com in the cert. So, can you tell me the following:
1. I assume the subject name is webmail.domain.com?
2. Is autodiscover.domain.com one of the SAN names? IE: if you view the cert > details > scroll down to subject alternative names.... autodiscover.domain.com appears there? I see you stated this but I'd like to confirm just where in the cert it exists.
3. If you browse to https://autodiscover.domain.com in a browser do you see a certificate error there?
With regards to point 2. I have checked our certificate which labelled with "mail.companydomain.com.au
" (issued by GoDaddy, and I have substituted actual name with the work 'companydomain'), and beneath ‘subject alternative names’ there is no listing for the auto discovery.
Not sure if this is entirely relevant as I don’t know how the listing would be removed if it in fact does need to be listed, although I did see on another site that the auto discovery service is part of the certificate.
I have attached a copy of our certificate, highlighting the Subject alternative name and its listings and as you will see there is no listing for Auto Discovery.
Any EE gutus who have any tips and suggestions on what I should do in order to further troubleshoot this issue and rectify this please do let me know.