Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
?
Solved

wss3.0 searching infopath form contents

Posted on 2013-01-16
9
Medium Priority
?
478 Views
Last Modified: 2013-01-29
Hi

I have a wss3.0 sharepoint site and would like to search for keywords stored in the 400 reports created with infopath stored on the site.

Is this possible or do I need foundation 2013 or is there a work around?

many thanks in advance
0
Comment
Question by:ukwebdzine
  • 7
  • 2
9 Comments
 
LVL 14

Expert Comment

by:KoenVosters
ID: 38782235
Should be possible, if not you can always install the free Search Server Express 2008 with it.
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:ukwebdzine
ID: 38784717
For some reason it returns the results but with just a URL  - no text sample of the word found.

I tried installing SS Express 2008 but it failed with a non helpful error.

Basically it said an error occurred whilst installing SS Express 2008
All the prerequisites were met!

If I install search server on a different server I guess this would work ?
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:ukwebdzine
ID: 38785042
99% of my search results come out like this ??????? see below

I've been looking for an answer for weeks!!!!

290.XML is a infopath form with the word I searched for in it. Why is it showing the URL instead of content???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

290.xml

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/dataFormSolution http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2009-05-14T10:56:57
0
Free Backup Tool for VMware and Hyper-V

Restore full virtual machine or individual guest files from 19 common file systems directly from the backup file. Schedule VM backups with PowerShell scripts. Set desired time, lean back and let the script to notify you via email upon completion.  

 
LVL 14

Expert Comment

by:KoenVosters
ID: 38786026
When you click on the xml file, does it open the InfoPath form?
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:ukwebdzine
ID: 38786234
yes
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:ukwebdzine
ID: 38806953
ok, here is the XML header of a file 176.XML that has POM in the text.
When searching sharepoint it identifies the file as having the the word POM but only shows the file name 176.XML and no text preview.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><?mso-infoPathSolution solutionVersion="1.0.0.112" productVersion="12.0.0" PIVersion="1.0.0.0" href="http://acalsharepoint/Technical%20reports%20infopath/Forms/template.xsn" name="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:Technical-reports--infopath-:-myXSD-2009-05-14T10-56-57" ?><?mso-application progid="InfoPath.Document" versionProgid="InfoPath.Document.2"?><?mso-infoPath-file-attachment-present?>


<my:myFields xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:dfs="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/dataFormSolution" xmlns:my="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2009-05-14T10:56:57" xmlns:xd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003" xml:lang="en-gb">


If I remove the lower section from this XML file and save it back to sharepoint then do a full crawl of the site. Then search for POM, sharepoint shows the text preview
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:ukwebdzine
ID: 38813606
Only problem is now I cant open the file 176.XML as it has errors!

Still no solution then
0
 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
ukwebdzine earned 0 total points
ID: 38814789
The problem lay within rogue fields within the infopath form that was used to create the xml files in share point.

Field1 & field2 had huge amounts of junk data!!!

These have been removed from the form and now the infopath template is issuing new forms to sharepoint that are showing up in the search results with text previews.

I will now have to amend all the existing xml files to remove field1 and field2 (they are not required and not referenced in sharepoint at all)
0
 
LVL 1

Author Closing Comment

by:ukwebdzine
ID: 38830306
After working out that the problem lay within the infopath form I loaded the form and went through the fields with a fine tooth comb.

Deleting the fields not used in the form and then republishing the form

I solved it myself and it only took 3 months!!!!!!
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Site Down Detector

Helpful to verify reports of your own downtime, or to double check a downed website you are trying to access.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

For SharePoint sites, particularly public-facing ones, there are times when adding JavaScript, Meta Tags, CSS Styles or other content to the page <head> section is more practical than modifying master pages.  For instance, you could add the jQuery l…
A while back, I ran into a situation where I was trying to use the calculated columns feature in SharePoint 2013 to do some simple math using values in two lists. Between certain data types not being accessible, and also with trying to make a one to…
In response to a need for security and privacy, and to continue fostering an environment members can turn to for support, solutions, and education, Experts Exchange has created anonymous question capabilities. This new feature is available to our Pr…
Loops Section Overview
Suggested Courses

927 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question