I have a task to replace my current unsigned driver bt848.sys that placed in both directories C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\System32\Driver
de80fb with signed driver bt848.sys. From one of the sources I have learned that to replace one file by another is need to do the following:
1) Open registry editor regedt32.exe (not regedit)
2) Go to section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
3) Click twice the parameter "PendingFileRenameOperatio
ns" or create it beforehand as REG_MULTI_SZ if not exist.
4) On the first row type \??\Address of the system file for swapping
(for instance \??\d:\winnt\system32\driv
5) On the second row type !\??\Address of the file to swap the existing above
(for example !\??\d:\time\ntfs.sys)
6) Press OK
After rebooting and swapping of the system file, parameter "PendingFileRenameOperatio
ns" will be removed automatically from the registry.
I could repeat with ease a described method, if I would need to replace the only one file. But I need to replace the file in both directories at a time. So I am attached the file for checking the syntax by you. Because I should be fully confident that it will work without any problems. I am waiting your verdict!