How do you set the default for all tables for ever so you don't have to set for each new table or doc?
Posted on 2013-01-17
i see that this has already been answered (ID 23608865), however, the solution is not working for me. I have done this:
1. open Word 2007.
2. insert a table.
3. set the table properties to desired settings. these are the differences from the default:
- always use row 1 as a header.
- uncheck the box for "allow row to break across pages"
4. click the Design tab. this brings up the screen shown in the previously published solution.
5. right-click the first table style in the list. this brings up the pop-up menu shown in the previously published solution.
6. Click "set as default" while the entire table is selected.
7. this brings up another pop-up which has a radio button choice for "do you want to set this style as the default table style for: this document only/All documents based on the Normal.dotm template?
8. select the 2nd choice ("All documents based on the Normal.dotm template").
9. insert a new table into this document: "allow row to break across pages" is still checked.
10. close the word document and open a new one, insert a table into this new document: "allow row to break across pages" is still checked.