I recently has an issue with a Windows Server 2008 Storage Server Standard Edition that forced me to do a Windows repair. In that process I lost some configuration. This Windows server is the data store for 2 ESXi (ESXi 4.1.0) servers. The interface between the 3 servers is iSCSI over ethernet. After I reconfigured the interfaces back to the original configs everything was fine until I restarted on of the ESXi servers. When the ESXi server came back up it could not see the data store any longer. The second ESXi server is still communicating with the NAS and it still sees the file store it needs. I did not reboot the second ESXi server. Here are the details.
1. The interfaces on the ESXi and NAS are configured as follows.
A. Iface 1
* NAS, local lan subnet
* ESXi, local LAN subnet (management network)
B. Iface 2
*NAS, iSCSi -1 10.10.10.1
*ESXi, iSCSI on vSwitch 10.10.10.11
C. Iface 3
*NAS, iSCSI -2 10.10.20.1
*ESXi, iSCSI on vSwitch 10.10.20.11
2. The ESXi server can ping the NAS on all 3 interfaces that are configured.
3. The NAS server can ping the ESXi server on all 3 interfaces that are configured.
4. No configuration changes have been made on the ESXi server.
5. The ESXi server can not auto discover the data store on the NAS.
How can I get this communication back between these two servers to bring this data store back online?