I recently attended a seminar that threw a lot of information at us. While at first glance, I was immensely grateful to have attended, when the number of items discussed began to mount, I slowly stopped thinking how glad I was to be here, and started thinking, yeah... I need to check on that. I'm going to be posting several questions on here shortly concerning SSD, Raid, Raid Controllers, and setting up a Cache Drive.
This post is on setting up a Cache Drive.
The description for this post doesn't have to be long at all. For those that know what an SSD cache drive is, I need your help.
I have Two Solid State Drives. Intel SSD is 120GB, and OCZ 240GB.
I have this motherboard:
The system / setup will also have two-four WD 3TB Green Hard Drives.
1. What is an SSD cache drive?
2. What do I need to set one up? Do I have everything I need, or do I need to purchase additional hardware / software to get this working?
3. Is this worth doing? I'm trying to build a build a performance machine that does a lot of photoshop and movie editing and rendering.
4. Are there any important drawbacks I should know about?
5. What is a good on-line guide for setup and information?
6. Any additional comments, thoughts, suggestions, experience would be appreciated.