• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 259
  • Last Modified:

Indexsearch in Exchange2010 finds only results of the last days

Hi,
I had to remove the Update-Rollup 4 of Exchange 2010 SP1 because it caused problems with the index. After removing it, I realized that if somebody searched something in Outlook or OWA only the results of the last couple of days were shown. What I did so far:

[PS] C:\>Get-MailboxDatabase MailboxDatabase1 -status | fl *index*

IndexEnabled : True

[PS] C:\>Test-ExchangeSearch -identity f.surname -Verbose

Database      Server                          Mailbox                       ResultFound  SearchTime  Error
                                                                                                                      InSeconds
--------             ------                             -------                             -----------       ----------            -----
MailboxDa... EXCHANGESERVER     Surname, Firstname   True               2,933

[PS] C:\>Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus | Format-Table Identity,Active
DatabaseCopy,ContentIndexState -Auto

Identity                                                        ActiveDatabaseCopy                  ContentIndexState
--------                                                            ------------------                              -----------------
MailboxDatabase1\EXCHANGESERVER     exchangeserver                          Healthy

[PS] C:\>.\ResetSearchIndex.ps1 -force
Der MSExchangeSearch-Dienst wurde beendet. (service stopped)
MSExchangeSearch-Dienst gestartet (service started)

Open in new window


After this scripts execution nothing changed. All the other output seems to be normal.

Is this problem known to anybody? Is there a way to reset the index more "secure" than with this script?

Thanks for your Help.

Olaf
0
olaf_joerk
Asked:
olaf_joerk
  • 3
  • 3
1 Solution
 
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project LeadCommented:
I would suggest you to move to SP2 and latest RU to ensure thats covered and if not then work on something else

- Rancy
0
 
olaf_joerkAuthor Commented:
Thanks Rancy,
sorry, my fault. We already have SP2 RU2. RU3 was not recommended and RU4 caused the problem. There is RU5 released, but one had to remove RU2/1 before installation. When I read the release notes, I'm not sure if it will fix the problem. It's a production server with limited down time ... Do you think RU5 will do it? No way to reconstruct the index?

Olaf
0
 
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project LeadCommented:
Look RU5v2 is a cumiliation of all earlier RU's so it should ideally fix those issues ..... I would still suggest to check if there is some AV on the server and we can disable and try to install RU3 on the concerned servers

- Rancy
0
Free Backup Tool for VMware and Hyper-V

Restore full virtual machine or individual guest files from 19 common file systems directly from the backup file. Schedule VM backups with PowerShell scripts. Set desired time, lean back and let the script to notify you via email upon completion.  

 
olaf_joerkAuthor Commented:
Hi Rancy,
I found a solution. This Link fixed my problems. I don't know why the PS-Scripts didn't do the job.

Regards
Olaf
0
 
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project LeadCommented:
But this article only helps fine which Catalog belongs to which DB .... doesnt does anything more

- Rancy
0
 
olaf_joerkAuthor Commented:
I found the solution somewhere else. May be it will help others here.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Port Scanner

Check which ports are open to the outside world. Helps make sure that your firewall rules are working as intended.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

  • 3
  • 3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now