I have a working sysprep process for my new windows 7 image that deploys to different hardware and joins my domain and activates via KMS.
I have however some issues during the process I would like to iron out.
1. When I boot the machine after applying my generalized image the sysprep window pops up. I added a /quiet to the sysprep command line and this made no difference. How do I stop the sysprep gui appearing after starting up for the first time.
2. I have 2 unattend.xml files that I use to control the generalize stage and another to control the OOBE stage. The issue is the OOBE stage goes through the driver installation step. I know this is because I am running sysprep /generalize /oobe and the generalize step detect drivers but I need to stop it from doing this on the oobe stage.
3. I have a setupcomplete.cmd file in the c:\windows\setup\scripts which correctly runs the commands I need. It remains in place however. Will this file be ran at each logon or will it only be processed if sysprep is running.
My process from start to finish is.
- Run basetofactory.cmd (attached)
- Snapshot the machine to an image to be deployed to the new hardware
- boot the new machine and allow sysprep to install the drivers
- run Factory_to_EndUser_(OOBE).
- this will copy a new unattend_oobe.xml file with all the domain joining and run sysprep with /generalize /oobe to seal the machine for the end user