One of my servers stopped talking on the network late last week. After a reboot, the network cards simply do not send or receive once autonegotiation completes. The link goes up as indicated by the "Network cable unplugged" changing to "Enabled", along with a logged event indicating the link goes up. It seems to successfully complete autonegotiation, but doesn't go beyond that.
I am attaching 2 screenshots: first is the network connection showing no sent or received traffic. Second is the details page showing completely blank.
Here's what I have tried:
1) Reinstalling the drivers
2) Install a new, known-good network card
3) Rollback driver to the earliest available
4) Uninstall all windows updates, antivirus, and other potentially conflicting software
5) Turn off the server and leave it completely disconnected for several hours
6) Reset TCP/IP
7) Run malware scans
8) Connected the server to another switch
9) Replaced the cable with one known to be good
10) Updated the BIOS to the newest version
There are no event logs that point to problems except for one that I'm still looking into at the moment, which at first glance it does not seem to be related.
Event ID 7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: eeCtrl Teefer3
I'm at a loss of how to continue. Additionally, this problem has now appeared on two more computers: a Windows XP pro and a Windows 7 pro desktop.