Solved

Problem with business objects smtp relay for reports

Posted on 2013-01-23
3
1,374 Views
Last Modified: 2013-03-25
Hi All,

We have a number of reports that go out daily from our Business Objects system via SMTP relay.  The relay is an Exchange 2010 relay object that allows relay for specific IP addresses.  I've added the addresses of our two b-objects servers.  

On the Central Management Console, I've updated the Crystal Reports job server, the Destination job server, and the Web Intelligence job server to the following:

domain name:  mydomain.com
server name:  emailserver
port:  25
authentication:  none
smtp user name:  reportserver (this corresponds to a real Exchange account)
from:  donotreply@mydomain.com
to:  admin@mydomain.com (our programmer)


When I try to send any reports, I see this error:

Status             Failed  
External Destination:             Mail the instance to: "list of user names" .  
Creation Time: 1/23/2013 8:16 AM  
Start Time: 1/23/2013 8:16 AM  
End Time: 1/23/2013 8:17 AM  
Server Used: b-objects2.Desktop_IntelligenceJobServer  
Error Message: server error. CrystalEnterprise.Smtp: SMTP_E_TCPSOCKET_OPEN(2)  


I've tried a number of different syntaxes, but nothing works.  We have many systems that use relay, and this is the only one that won't work.  The only difference is that the old server was Exchange 2003, now retired, and the new Exchange 2010 relay must be  used.
0
Comment
Question by:hnncsb
  • 2
3 Comments
 
LVL 26

Expert Comment

by:Kurt Reinhardt
ID: 38811691
On the Central Management Console, I've updated the Crystal Reports job server, the Destination job server, and the Web Intelligence job server

vs.

Server Used: b-objects2.Desktop_IntelligenceJobServer
Error Message: server error. CrystalEnterprise.Smtp: SMTP_E_TCPSOCKET_OPEN(2)

As a rule of thumb, I set destinations for every job server I'm using.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
hnncsb earned 0 total points
ID: 39004892
The issue was the crystal reports didn't have the smtp domain name appended to the e-mail name, a requirement for Exchange 2010.  I added it, and all worked again.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:hnncsb
ID: 39017197
No comments provided the solution.  I resolved this via trial and error.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Site Down Detector

Helpful to verify reports of your own downtime, or to double check a downed website you are trying to access.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Crystal Reports: 5 Tests for Top Performance It is complete, your masterpiece report.  Not only does it meet your customer’s expectations, it blows them out the water, all they want is beautifully summarised and displayed in a myriad of ways. …
This article descibes how to create a connection between Excel and SAP and how to move data from Excel to SAP or the other way around.
Email security requires an ever evolving service that stays up to date with counter-evolving threats. The Email Laundry perform Research and Development to ensure their email security service evolves faster than cyber criminals. We apply our Threat…
I've attached the XLSM Excel spreadsheet I used in the video and also text files containing the macros used below. https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/2017/03_w12/1151775/Permutations.txt https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/201…

733 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question