i have an Acer 5742 that will not turn on or show any sort of life when plugged into the mains but will run off battery power. so far i have:
- tried three different power supplies two genuine and one generic universal power supply all have the same issue.
- removed battery unplugged from wall held down power button for 30 secs left for 5 mins still has problem
- removed ram and replaced with know good ram issue still occurs.
- cleared CMOS by removing battery and still has same issue.
- opened laptop check power jack for damage and all looks OK.
- checked motherboard for any damage, other than dust all OK.
- checked power jack with voltmeter and checked that the correct voltage of 19v is coming through.
stuck now as i am at the point of believing that it is some replaceable part that has gone but i do not want to have to pay out the high price to replace the board if i do not need too. any suggestion as to what i can check next or to confirm my diagnosis would be greatly appreciated.