i have an Acer 5742 that will not turn on or show any sort of life when plugged into the mains but will run off battery power. so far i have:
- tried three different power supplies two genuine and one generic universal power supply all have the same issue.
- removed battery unplugged from wall held down power button for 30 secs left for 5 mins still has problem
- removed ram and replaced with know good ram issue still occurs.
- cleared CMOS by removing battery and still has same issue.
- opened laptop check power jack for damage and all looks OK.
- checked motherboard for any damage, other than dust all OK.
- checked power jack with voltmeter and checked that the correct voltage of 19v is coming through.
stuck now as i am at the point of believing that it is some replaceable part that has gone but i do not want to have to pay out the high price to replace the board if i do not need too. any suggestion as to what i can check next or to confirm my diagnosis would be greatly appreciated.
This infographic explains ransomware, type of malware that blocks access to your files or your systems and holds them hostage until a ransom is paid. It also examines the different types of ransomware and explains what you can do to thwart this sinister online threat.
this article is a guided solution for most of the common server issues in server hardware tasks we are facing in our routine job works.
the topics in the following article covered are,
1) dell hardware raidlevel (Perc)
2) adding HDD
3) how t…
Every server (virtual or physical) needs a console: and the console can be provided through hardware directly connected, software for remote connections, local connections, through a KVM, etc.
This document explains the different types of consol…
This Micro Tutorial hows how you can integrate Mac OSX to a Windows Active Directory Domain. Apple has made it easy to allow users to bind their macs to a windows domain with relative ease.
The following video show how to bind OSX Mavericks to …
The Email Laundry PDF encryption service allows companies to send confidential encrypted emails to anybody. The PDF document can also contain attachments that are embedded in the encrypted PDF. The password is randomly generated by The Email Laundr…