I need your help. I have two windows 2003r2 domain controllers which run in a domain of win2k native domain level. I have a replication error #2042 between those two DCs, which says
It has been too long since this machine last replicated with the named source machine. The time between replications with this source has exceeded the tombstone lifetime. Replication has been stopped with this source.
The error #2042 is logged on PDC. BDC on the other hand only gives an NTDS replication WARNING #2089 saying that catalog hasn't been archived for at least 90 days.
I want to know, whether it is safe to permanently demote BDC and then install ADDS role on a completely separate Windows 2008r2 server? And most important, will that fix the replication error?
Here is the information about services that these 2 domain controllers provide.
- gets all Active Directory operations, it is the Schema Master, Global catalog, etc.;
- the only DHCP server
- the only DNS server (AD integrated)
- servers as an all-in-one Exchange 2007 mail server;
- serves as secondary domain controller (remember, domain level is windows 2000 native?)
- serves as Internet Proxy (MS ISA 2006).
I believe DNS resolves just fine when these two try to replicate AD.
I'm attaching an output from dcdiag /a /v performed on PDC, and I'm happy to provide any additional information upon your request.
Many thanks, guys! I do value your time and appreciate your help.