I'm having a problem on one Drupal 7 site.
On other drupal sites, if I clear all caches, enable or disable a module, generally apply any setting, I get a message at the top of the page telling me what just happened. “your settings have been applied, your module is installed, cache is cleared” etc.
This site doesn’t do that.
If I clear caches, install/uninstall modules, change settings etc. There is no notice until I navigate to another page, then the notice appears at the top of page I navigate to.
Things seem to be working, but this is pretty agrivating. For example, if I enable a module and save the change, no notice at the top of the page and the tick box does not appear to be checked. If I navigate away, I get a notice telling me the module has been enabled, if I go back to the module page, the module is not checked.
May or may not be related, but in backup and migrate, I can see a list of backed up DB files, If I try to download/delete/restore it tells me I don’t have permission. The backups are working though, I tested them manually.
all this was done as admin, UID 1