I'm looking to bring one of my clients into MS 365 hosted Exchange. I have a few questions, I have called and chatted with 365 support, but the answers are all over the place. Any help would be great.
1. Backup to Amazon? NAS? .. if we want a local backup, can we do it? I'm assuming not, unless we do some kind of PST situation.
2. How many dags do they use?
3. How many Different regions are the data centers in?
4. If a data center goes down, how long till the automatic switch over?
5. can we use 3rd party spam / anti-virus? Point MX to say Postini, then forward to 365. (I'm just using postini as an example to see if it can be done, don't see why not)
6. for Cutover migration, from what I read is that the tool syncs all the mailboxes, then once it is 100% it lets you know, sends a CVS file and you can swap the MX records, is that correct? During the sync, you continue to use your local exchange server as normal.
7. If the migration scenario in 5 is correct, and the mailbox is over 25GB, will it archive automatically? Who makes settings? Should we create archive mailbox first? (providing I have the correct 365 package)
8. Can you publish calendars? In exchange 2010 I had to create a new sharing policy and add my users.
Set-SharingPolicy -Identity "Default Sharing Policy" -Domains "Anonymous:CalendarSharingFreeBusyReviewer"
Thank you for any help,