This is somewhat more of a bigger question, as I am at the planning states of placing employees on a remote office site on the same domain as the main one, using stable solution.
- Computers on mains site are on domain.ads, using Win2k8R2;
- Computers on remote site are not on any domain;
- VPN is setup between sites, communication channels are open;
- Possibility of remote site going offline is there, but they need to be able to log in despite connection issues over VPN;
- Trying to implement a third domain controller on remote site so authentication will always be available, not sure if it needs to be a subdomain/forest/etc...;
- Would like users who travel from main site to remote one, to log on with same credentials but use a different profile path located on server in remote site (possibly folder redirect), whereas user logging on in main site use folder redirection on servers located in main site. This is to avoid attempting to sychronize or grab a ton of files from one or the other site and causing traffic congestion and slow logons.