Deferring to the pros - I have a single server environment running SBS2011 w/ Exchange 2010.
There is an application that runs on this SBS2011server that uses an internal distribution list to send emails to internal and external email recipients. The email contacts reside on a database internal to the application.
I've stepped through a few articles on how to config a new receive connector, set the appropriate permissions, etc
The last article I tried was from this site, using Option 1:
I created a new connector and named "app relay connector"
Connector settings are:
- Use the local IP address(s) to receive email from:
- 10.0.0.20 (my sbs2011 server IP address)
- Receive mail from remote server that have these IP addresses
- 10.0.0.0/24 (IP's of the workstations that run this app, run on this network)
- TLS (checked)
- Externally Secured (checked)
- Exchange Servers (checked)
- NOTE - I've tried the "anonymous users" but did not work. Currently unchecked
I am getting a "client not authenticated" message. Which, from other steps I've taken in other articles, it's either this message or a "unable to relay" response.
Looking for assistance on how to get this properly configured, to where the application that resides locally on my SBS server can get it's internal email distribution list contacts receiving email. - thanks