The search feature broke a week ago, we rebuilt the index by removing the index, search, job server roles. How ever when we start the full crawl, it fails with the following error message in even viewer of the job/index server
The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again.
Application, Portal_Content Catalog
I also see this in the gatherer log
1/25/2013 2:30:00 PM Modify http://sharepntw0301/
The address could not be found, (0x80042616 - Error in the Site Data Web Service. )
1/25/2013 2:30:00 PM Add
The Incremental update is complete
1/25/2013 2:30:00 PM Modify sps://sharepntw0301/site$$
The address could not be found, (0x80042617 - Error in PortalCrawl Web Service. )
I have found number of articles in MS and none of them helped or applied to the version we are running.
Sharepoint 2003 SP1
Wss 2.0 SP3
I have seen few answers here as well which did not work. The only thing i have done yet is a article referring to delete .Net 2.0 or upgrade to Sharepoint Portal server SP3. The issue started after a weekend restart of the DB server.