I am working for a company which requires a document management system, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of such a system and could recommend anything. Briefly we are looking for:
1. The company has a number of interests in commercial and residential property. There are a number of subsidiary property holding companies within the company - which we would like to move to a paperless filing system.
2. The intention at this stage is to file all the documentation for each company at a central location. So we would like the system to be as simple as possible in terms of both saving the documentation and accessing it at a later stage. Much of the information will be legal documentation - so it will need to be very secure and confidential system.
3. At some point in the future we may wish to share the information with solicitors, surveyors and / or prospective buyers and therefore it may be advantageous to consider access from out of the network but this is not a priority at this stage.
4. We do have some scanning facilities - so we are looking for a system that ensures that the documents are stored in a logical manner and prevents the documents to be saved in the wrong place.
5. The documents will need to be updated occasionally when we have a new lease or rent review memorandum.
6. The typical layout as follows:
• Company Incorporation Document
• VAT Registration Document
• VAT election
• Insurance Certificate, if covering all the properties within the company
• Lease – up to 40 pages + plans
• Title information – register and plan
• Energy Performance Certificate
• Floor plan
• Asbestos Survey / Management Plan
• Test Certificates
• Rent Review Memoranda
• Licences / Deeds of Variation
• Works undertaken
• Lease / Title Report
• Miscellaneous / important correspondence
• Key Contact details
7. The intention is that we roll this out by scanning in all the information company by company later this year.
Thank you in advance